Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sports Day

Woke up with a sore throat this morning. Everyone seems to be getting sick, I'm praying this is just allergies but I'll have to get a lot of sleep the next few days to stay healthy.
Today we got the opportunity to see the Rugby Museum, a high-tech health gym, and a local cricket stadium.
Even though I'm not a big sports nut it was still interesting to see how another country runs their sports and fitness. I was amazed by the gym, it had the best equipment, a pool, fitness instructors, they even give you a personal fitness test when you first sign up. I would love to find a gym like this at home but I bet it cost hundreds a month.
I don't understand cricket at all but it was cool to see the stadium. It was sunny today so I just enjoyed being in the sun for the first time this trip.
After a quick lunch we met with the organizers of Two Oceans Marathon and Agus Cycle Tour. It was fascinating to learn about all that it takes to put on a large event like these for a community. These event draw in participants form all over the world. Even though I'm not a runner, Stefanie inspired me to make it a life goal to complete a marathon.
Winelands Tmw!!!
Meganne

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of good learning experiences, and inspiration. Get well-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weren't we just talking about wishing we both could run when we saw that woman flying around the park a few weeks ago?! Id love to do some kind of running event [get back into shape first] but i highly doubt id ever finish a marathon -- might hop in a car to the finish line ;-)

    ReplyDelete